Why Stonehenge is Much Older

Stonehenge is one of the most famous ancient monuments in the world. There are many speculations about the use and the age of Stonehenge. There are new discoveries, mathematical discoveries, which reveal the true age of Stonehenge.
Fig. 1: Stonehenge at sunset. This beautiful photograph reflects the essence of this structure very well. It relates to the sun, but not in the way most people think.

About Stonehenge

Stonehenge is without much doubt, together with the Pyramids of Giza, one of the most intriguing ancient monuments on Earth.

There are many other mysterious structures around the world, most of which are categorized somewhere between 1,500 and 10,000 years old. Quite a narrow time frame for such a huge amount of ancient structures built by a limited population that on top of that, as generally believed, were struggling for their survival. Usually are people not lugging around with massive stones when they have hardly anything to eat.

Transportation of Bluestones

Almost everyone agrees that the long-distance transport of the Bluestones from Wales to Stonehenge was one of the most remarkable accomplishments of a society of about 5,000 years ago. It is said they had no wheels, and that was a serious problem when they had to transport very heavy stones.


Fig. 2: This simple animation shows how Stonehenge worked. It was oriented to Pole IV, between 240 and 270Ky ago, was thus situated at a much higher latitude, hence the large solstice angles. | copyright 2018 Mario Buildreps

It is also said that life was tough and that men were occupied with survival by hunting beasts. If that would be true, why were they then so busy dragging around massive stones? The stories and believes around ancient humanities are illogical and full of contradictions.

The biggest of Stonehenge’s stones, known as Sarsens, are up to 9 meters tall and weigh almost 25 metric tons. It is widely believed that they were brought from Marlborough Downs, a distance of 32 kilometers to the north. Why so much effort?

How Old is Stonehenge Really?

Scientists overthrow each others theories with newer versions. That happens with Stonehenge too. Stonehenge will appear to be older with every new discovery. What did that say about the believes before that new discovery? That they were based on falsehood. How about the new discovery, that somewhat pushed the limits of the ruling paradigm? How will the odds be it’s still false? I’ll tell you: 100%.

Archaeologists are literally guessing, while making associative and assumptive relations between artefacts found in and around Stonehenge. Nothing is verified, while they believe they have.  On top of that are these artefacts dated by using the highly unreliable radiocarbon dating called 14C.

Stonehenge is 263,000 years old. Verified. 99,9986% certain.

Stonehenge Was Oriented to an Ancient Sun Rise

Fig. 2: Stonehenge is for such a structure seemingly illogical oriented. It was oriented to an ancient North pole. From that we can derive its true antiquity, but that is a mathematical quest. Stonehenge’s symmetry axis was oriented to an ancient East direction, an ancient sunrise of the Equinox.

Most Important Contemporary Structures Are Oriented to True North

Just check out yourself how many important buildings are oriented to the geographic North pole (or the sun, which is in fact the same).

Buildings that express power:

  • White House in Washington,
  • Supreme Court in Washington,
  • The Vatican in Rome,
  • The Royal Palace in Amsterdam,
  • Forbidden Palace in Beijing,
  • Taj Mahal in Agra,
  • Palais du Luxembourg in Paris,
  • Pyramids of Giza in Cairo,
  • Borobudur on Java.

Many football and socker ‘temples’ are oriented to the geo pole. Many university ‘temples’ are North-South oriented. Many American cities are North-South oriented.

When there’s plenty of space, positioning like this is the only logical thing to do. When there’s not enough space, such as the Vatican, it’s an ultimate expression of power, for it takes more money to orient a structure cardinally in a crowded city, and not to adapt it to available spatial possibilities.

When sunrise and sunset somehow play an important role, every building will be oriented to one of the geographic poles, depending on which hemisphere you find yourself. In any other case it’s fitted into the city’s space or adjusted to the local natural environment.

Where the Former Geo Poles Were Located

Fig. 3: The former geo poles are mathematically derived from 500 orientation clusters of pyramids and temples which were randomly spread around the world. The slight misalignment of Stonehenge nowadays is caused by the crustal deformations after three major shifting events. 

Time Frame for Stonehenge

The time frame where Stonehenge is referring to is between 240,000 and 270,000 years ago.

The probability that the pole was at that location is very certain: 99.9986%. When it was there is for 99.99986% certain. This new method of dating is a powerful, new player in the game. While archaeologists are still mindlessly digging, and historians keep mindlessly repeating their textbooks, the way we can date ancient structures has been changed radically.

Why to Orient Stonehenge to the Geographical North Pole

It makes no sense to built a structure like Stonehenge in the middle of nowhere with so much effort, and orient it just to nowhere. It is said Stonehenge was oriented to the Summer solstice. For that you need only two stones. Why, how and what for were all the other stones used? If Stonehenge is twisted under the right orientation and put on the right latitude, you see jaw dropping things happen – the device suddenly starts to work! And you’ll understand how and what for it was used.

Because it was oriented to an ancient geographic North pole, the builders were able to measure the Summer solstice, the equinox, and the Winter solstice. Stonehenge was an instrument. They could measure sky phenomena, like the movement of the Pole star, and the movements of the Moon as well.

But Stonehenge has become completely useless due to the displacement of the crust and therefore the geo pole. What a disappointment, hey!

Probability of This Orientation

There’s about 18% chance that the orientation of Stonehenge ‘hits’ exactly one of the four former poles. That means that there is 82% chance that Stonehenge was meant to be oriented to this former North pole, which was two glaciation cycles ago.

When we rationalize all aspects of Stonehenge the odds it was NOT oriented to this ancient pole exceeds the 1 to 500,000. But since that probability can logically not exceed the probability of the pole position (Pole IV), it has been downsized to 1 to 69,219 which equals a 99.9986% certainty, which is the verified certainty of the position of Pole IV.

Have you ever seen archaeologists keeping their claims under scrutiny in a way we can judge? No, never. Archaeologists are in fact graduated pit diggers, who have claimed the territory of history as their own. That’s maybe why we cannot expect them to fully rationalize what they are doing.

There is just 19% chance that Stonehenge was meant to be oriented to one of the solstices. And let’s be rational. The current orientation of Stonehenge measures only one solstice. Where were all other rocks used for then? All astronomical objects are cardinally oriented. But that was a whole other cardinal system than we know today, since the crust starts to crawl when Earth is in a high eccentric orbit around the Sun.

When we value all variables there’s just 0.0014% chance that Stonehenge was NOT oriented to Pole IV. By rationalizing the whole site of Stonehenge we’ve been able to pinpoint its age at 263,000 years (±1200 years).

More details about Stonehenge will be published in the future. A short video explains some details visually.

Own Hosted Version:

Youtube version:


© 2016, 2017 by Buildreps

3 thoughts on “Why Stonehenge is Much Older

  1. Hey! Fantastic work!!!!! What I think is most interesting are the different styles you seem to have mastered! Varied pieces but all really well done Ed!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.